adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell v0.4

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell v0.4
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:47:26 +0200

Am Dienstag, 22.07.03 um 21:33 Uhr schrieb Alexandre Courbot:

Uh, you're right. That's very weird. As you have probably noticed, the libltdl is created by libtoolize via autoconf. But on my system it just did the same.
Maybe a bug with libtool - I'll have a look at that.

No such problem here. I tried compiling with g++ 2.95, so I had to set CC and CXX. It failed, but not at this point. autoconf 2.57 and libtool 1.5.

I think this is a SWIG bug on this one. The macro is perfectly correct IMO -
it defines some template function specializations that are necessary to
handle the Python/C++ object passing.

See my answer to Joel's mail.

Are those definitions required at all on Python side? I thought they were only neccessary for pass_instance. In that case, #ifndef SWIG'ing them should be the best solution, I think. (We should do that with everything that's not required on Python side, to keep the scripting API clean)

The 0.4 base is completely new. 0.3 was kinda messy and has some major design
flaws. So 0.4 is a completely new start.

Obviously, a few lowlevel things where already pretty much okay in v0.3, like the gametime and event code. Those will be ported to v0.4 as we need them. However, that involves a bit more than copy'n paste, as the structure of 0.4 is quite different. I think I'll look into this over the next few days and post some thoughts about it here on the list.

Kai