adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Items & Inventory

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Items & Inventory
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:46:13 +0200

On Mon, 13 May 2002 15:07:43 +0200 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> could you tell me how far you are with the Item system (apart from the
> notes on the web site), because I would really like to work on /help
> with the item system.

Do you mean the coding or design? As far as coding goes, lowlevel item
and inventory classes are there. Actual items have to be defined as
python scripts. There is of coure much to do yet, but a lot of the work
depends on the needs our actual items will have.

As for the design; if you refer to the item proposition doc on the ws,
nobody was really interested in that. So far, the item implementation is
as generic as possible, to work with any underlying rule-set. (As those
rules would be integrated in the python scripts or the user interface).

So if you want to do any designwork, please feel free. :)

Kai