adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] [Fwd: Re: community ad]

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] [Fwd: Re: community ad]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:17:51 +0000

Remember the article for linux.com about our experiences working on
Adonthell?

For those who can't remember here's what linux.com's editor sent me when
I enquired about commnity ads:

Actually, we're in the final phases of a Linux.com redesign, and the
community ads are going to go away. BUT we're now accepting story
contributions from people like... well... like you ... that'll get you
lots more attention than a little ad.

So how about 700 - 1000 words (guideline; can be shorter or longer)
discussing the mechanics of developing GPLed role-playing games for
Linux (and possibly other OSes), using Adonthell as an example?

Don't be blatantly promotional. That won't work as well as putting out
information about the *concept* behind what you're doing.

One or two (small) screenshots would be good, too.

The story will run on both Linux.com and NewsForge's front pages, and if
it's good and strong, LinuxToday and/or Slashdot may link to it. Perhaps
some of the gaming sites will also link to it -- if you tell them the
story's there; we don't rally have time to do that sort of thing.

You don't have to get too anal about typos. We're pretty good editors.

Sound like fun?

Well, I finally got round to writing a draft for that article. It needs
refining and spelling of the names (and spelling in general :P) ought to
be checked too. Nevertheless, I think the basic structure and content
are OK.
Sadly I don't have too much time to spend on this at the moment (lots of
stupid courseworks!) so I'd appreciate it if you'd make alterations
yourselves and post them back to the list or something.

I think it would be good if we could get this published soon - I'm sure
it would boost our downloads!

                -James

PS: Maybe we can include a 0.4 sneak-preview screenshot with the
article....
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821