adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] NPC's and the perception of their surrounding

From: Andreas Dombrowsky
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] NPC's and the perception of their surrounding
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:43:40 +0100

On 2002.02.15 21:32 Kai Sterker wrote:
To make a script that works for any smith, no matter how his forge
looks
like, we need him to locate items and objects on the map. So the
script
would go something like

    # -- locate bucket
    pos = find_nearest_item ("bucket")
    goto (pos)
    pickup ("bucket")

    # -- locate well
    pos = find_nearest_object ("well")

That way, we would only need one smith-schedule, not one for every
smith
in the game.

How about attaching an "owner" property to items? So, he could pick up *HIS* bucket, and NPCs would have a concept of property, possibly reacting sourly to theft.