adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] quiet list?

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] quiet list?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:45:13 +0000

Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:

> > I probably won't have much time this week - I've got some coursework to
> > do (gotta practise stupid SML :( ) and I've got some friends coming to
> > visit. I'll be back for gfx discussions asap though!
> > ...speaking of which, where's Ben? Ben, come out, come out whereeveryou
> > are! :P
>
> I'm here! Over here! I'm aaarrrgh! (Sound of someone dropping down a deep
> hole)No, just kidding, I'm still there, and more so than ever! Because
> starting this monday my Semester is over!!! Yaaaay! As I noted in a tiny mail
> a while ago I've been crammed with work - but that state is about to end! In
> fact, it has ended, there's no more courses, and I took my first oral exam
> today (in fact I took it just now: maths). There's just two more to go and
> they are spread over february, so I will surely finally have time to do some
> new work for A.
>
> Concerning that there were two problems: No time, no PC! Now there's only one
> problem left - I still don't have my own PC. But I'm working at it (or
> better: working for it :)
>
> But: We have some good access to top Computers here at Uni & Co. So work and
> more comments to the ml will follow - serious!
>
> Sorry if I'm bothering you with this private stuff, but I think you all
> deserve to know what I've been up to, and to be assured that Adonthell hasn't
> lost me, and never will!
>
> (more to come from) BEN

yay! Like I said I'm a bit busy this week :( But fear not - I always
read my mails!

Do you have any SGI machines? (I haven't found any at Warwick yet :( ) I
wonder if Adonthell compiles on them. I was thinking of asking the
people here at my uni if I can try compiling on a Sun workstation.
Should I?*

        -James

* Is it possible to install python/ogg/SDL for a single user? I doubt
they'll give me root priveliges to do it system wide :P
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821