[Adonthell-devel] An apology ... and some advertising

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] An apology ... and some advertising
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:05:37 +0200

Y'all,

long time no write, since I am still quite busy these days with little
time to spare for coding (outside of work). As you may have noticed, I
committed some stuff I had lying around recently (hope everything
still compiles), Wanted to have that safe before upgrading my system.
It's been mainly to reverse dependencies between World and Gui modules
and I have yet to restore (and finish) map-relative windows, such as
NPC's speech bubbles.

So, sorry for not being active a lot. Still thinking fondly about the
project and I'd really love to bring Dun Barethsol to live one day!
Which brings me to

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1945059142/elysian-shadows-next-gen-2d-rpg

Check that one out, if you are a fan of the 16bit console classic
RPGs. Not free software, but with Linux support and not so dissimilar
in its goals from our own endeavour. Albeit a bit larger in scope.
Funny to see a lot of Adonthells (planned) features included, such as
the open seamless world, day/night cyle, jumping ... hope they also
include proper dialogue.

See ya,