Re: [Adonthell-devel] Jumping and sliding glitches

From: Michał Kaliński
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Jumping and sliding glitches
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:56:12 +0200

> So that did fix the issue? That was easy, then. Just wondering about
>
> const vector3<s_int32> max (min.x() + placeable::length() - 1,
> min.y() + placeable::width() - 1, z() - 1);

> Shouldn't that be -2 since we added +1 to min in the previous line?

Yes, of course. I got a little too automatic with those +/- 1.

I also set the threshold value for friction (replacing
veryCloseDistance in moving::execute_move when deciding whether to
recourse) as you said and now the character stopped sliding down the
stairs. At least those on the wastesedge map, can't say it will always
work. If the stairs were steeper, then probably not. Per surface
friction might be better, but setting the value too high makes the
stairs impossible to climb by walking. I'll think about it.

There's just one more problem I could find on that map. Sometimes when
you jump up on a surface where you could slide down (well, not
anymore), like the stairs or the in front of the inn you land on some
invisible, horizontal surface that seems to be on the same level as
the sliding surfaces top point. I can't quite figure out what it is,
because setting DEBUG_COLLISION does nothing for me and terrain names
are not set.