Re: [Adonthell-devel] Finding python wrappers from code

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Finding python wrappers from code
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:49:09 +0200

2011/8/1 Michał Kaliński <address@hidden>:

> Kai suggested, that it may be possible to set the path to python
> modules from the program itself, like it's done for user data
> directory. I've looked into that, but it's only partially possible, I
> think. I've managed to get it working for tests that call the engine
> from C++ (like worldtest), but not from Python scripts - those scripts
> obviously already need to know where to find adonthell module before
> they call a single function from it, so it already needs to be on
> PYTHONPATH.

Yeah, it won't work for the scripts (or when you want to directly load
some of the adonthell modules in interactive mode.

> I'm not sure if it's worth to implement such partial solution, but
> anyway, here's what I've done:

It's still useful, I think. Chances are high that the actual adonthell
"launcher" will be C++ and not just a script. And while people on
Linux might just get it through their distro and stuff will be in
standard directories, it will become easier to create binaries (for
other OSes, mainly) but possibly also for Linux.

So it'll be in with my next commit.

Btw,, if you let me know your github account name, I can add you as
contributor, so you can directly push your stuff to the central
repository in the future.