Re: [Adonthell-devel] Crash in mapedit

From: Josef Vítů
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Crash in mapedit
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:37:31 +0200

I tried to reproduce the error with config.rpath. Apparently it is
not copied by autopoint in my case, but gettextize instead
(autogen.sh:11). autopoint is not needed at all. Here is the output
before installing the gettext package:

$ ./autogen.sh
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `LT_INIT'
./autogen.sh: 11: gettextize: not found
configure.in:33: required file `./config.rpath' not found
Makefile.am:3: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `po' not in SUBDIRS

Now type './configure' to prepare Adonthell for compilation.
Afterwards, 'make' will build Adonthell.

The configure script is created but exits with:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

The configure script does not care at all about the content of
config.rpath, therefore (just for the sake of compiling a working
program) gettextize is non-essential, 'touch' is enough. And, as
stated by Chris, empty config.rpath file causes no problems, as it
can be safely replaced by gettextize if installed.

--
Josef Vitu