[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:05:56 +0200
Am Donnerstag, den 16.10.2008, 13:32 +0200 schrieb Kai Sterker:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:
> > A step-by-step document on how to build the whole thing would help
> > new users to get started, help new programmers understand the dependencies,
> > and help experienced developers see places the process could be improved.
> This would be a first step. Anyone volunteering for something like
> that? While I could possibly write something up, I'm not sure I'd
> catch all the little pitfalls that somebody not as familiar with the
> whole thing would stumble into.
However, it turned out, the adonthell-documentation I found in the wiki
was rather complete. Maybe, this guide could help getting the info
> > I would add that the build process is part of the code, and needs to be
> > tested during development too.
> That's true too. After all, we're going to leave binary releases to
> the various distributions, so the source should come with a fairly
> well tested, standard build system, such as configure/make or (to a
> lesser degree) cmake.
> Nonetheless I'd be the least to vote against something that would make
> life for developers easier. Documentation is a first step and I would
> invite anyone to improve what is currently there
> or at least leave comments on the talk pages.
> A second step could be said script to prepare the environment so stuff
> can be started right out of the source/build tree.
Well, this is something I have not done yet. The issue with the
superuser is forced to install the software is still open. I am not sure
wether I could solve it with a shell script. For the sake of lazyness I
let it be for the moment.
> Any further suggestions are welcome too, although I'd say the two
> steps above should address most of the issues.
I tried test/worldtest -g ../adonthell/test/
but got only a black screen, is the software still broken?
(checkout at friday 2008/10/17 - 01:01 am)
[Adonthell-devel] Re: Collision fixes, rendering getting there ..., Kai Sterker, 2008/10/18
- [Adonthell-devel] Collision fixes, rendering getting there ..., Kai Sterker, 2008/10/10
- [Adonthell-devel] Re: Collision fixes, rendering getting there ..., Kai Sterker, 2008/10/12
- [Adonthell-devel] Refactoring wished, Enrico Kochon, 2008/10/14
- [Adonthell-devel] Re: Refactoring wished, Kai Sterker, 2008/10/14
- [Adonthell-devel] Re: Refactoring wished, Chris Frey, 2008/10/15
- Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Refactoring wished, Kai Sterker, 2008/10/16
- [Adonthell-devel] Quickstartguide,
Enrico Kochon <=
- [Adonthell-devel] Re: Quickstartguide, Chris Frey, 2008/10/16
- Re: [Adonthell-devel] Quickstartguide, Kai Sterker, 2008/10/17
- Message not available
- [Adonthell-devel] worldtest-error solved, Enrico Kochon, 2008/10/26