Re: [Adonthell-devel] modular dialogues

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] modular dialogues
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:30:03 +0200

> The only sensible solution seems to make the dialogues more modular. I
> had some thoughts about that (see the dev diary), but there are a few
> more things that came to my mind. So before I forget them, I thought I
> better write them down. That'll also give you a chance to comment on
> this. As always, improvements, criticism and the like is welcome.

The idea seems very good and realistic to me, but we have to look at how
it will change dialogs in practice. Right now, for Waste's Edge, there
is AFAIK no dialog that would take advantage of such a feature, simply
because they are all very different. It could save time in the case of
characters who could talk the player about the same topic (the dialogs
would nearly be the same, and we could use the feature you described to
customize them a little bit), but could you quickly describe and
example? I don't really see an example where it would be worth, although
I'm sure there must be some! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org