[Adonthell-devel] Re: adonthell: Adonthell dies with FPE on alpha after

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: adonthell: Adonthell dies with FPE on alpha after first dialog
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:35:42 +0200

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:16:28 +0200 Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Well, I used the source tarball which contains the debian directory
> which I used to build the debian package. I tried it and got past the
> point crash now. I havn't played much further though. If you need
> additional testing or so please feel free to mail me. Since I am quite
> busy currently I don't know at which time scale I continue to play
> though I definitly will.

The demo is pretty short, so you'll probably finish it faster than you'd
like to ;). Besides, I imagine that at least this bug is fixed; there
might be others though.

> (First I have to find out how to get that
> window larger ...).

The only way is to configure your X Server accordingly. The NEWBIE file
gives some hints on this. Dunno where it ends up after installing the
debian package. Most likely in /usr/doc/adonthell.

However, the 0.3.3 release will have an option to double the resolution,
and 0.4 and beyond will use 640x480 as default.

> If you want a debian package for alpha as well (for both adonthell and
> wasteedge) I can provide you with them.

Yeah that would be nice. It shouldn't be necessary for wastesedge
though, as it doesn't contain any binaries. So it should work for any
architecture. If you make them available somewhere, somebody (Alex?) can
add them to the other packages.