Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gfx error in 32bpp mode

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gfx error in 32bpp mode
Date: 30 Apr 2002 21:12:27 +0200

> Just tried the new binary under Win95 and found that there are problems
> with the graphics in 32bpp mode. Those labels in the main menu or
> dialogues that are dimmed appear as black rectangles. Don't know if that
> is a known bug or not. Both 24 and 16bpp work fine. 8 bit mode simply
> crashes, but that shouldn't worry us ;).

Could you post a screenshot of the game running with the window system,
putting these problems in evidence? There are several explanations to
it, and this would help.

8 bit crashing isn't very elegant too. Not normal neither, as it should
use a 16bpp internal framebuffer and map later to 8 bpp. Maybe this has
to do with the screen initialisation parameters.

> Fullscreen doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure (thanks to your SDL doc link) that fullscreen under
Windows can only be set at startup. This probably also counts for HW
acceleration. I'll post a binary that displays precise info about the
display usage.

Regarding the progresses so far on the Windows port, that should not
take too long to be fixed! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org