Re: [Adonthell-devel] Speeding up schedules

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Speeding up schedules
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:10:56 +0200

On 30 Apr 2002 14:00:36 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> That means we'd have to keep track of the variables we use and
> manually save them in save_state, right? Maybe we could directly get
> the list of members of the Python object, and save the variables. Or
> serialize the object using the pickle module. There are several
> possibilities.

Yeah. As we just need to save on module per NPC (the one currently
active), we might be able to serialize it. Although, doesn't that mean
that all of our python objects that may appear in the module need to be
serializable? I'll look into it.

> Sure. Changing the current schedules isn't very important, I think, as
> Waste's Edge runs quite well already.

Right, so it's okay to try out something completely new :).