Re: [Adonthell-devel] can't configure

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] can't configure
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:48:40 +0200

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:05:29 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> I'm getting some weird errors from automake in the 0.4 test:
>

> aclocal: configure.in: 32: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 101: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 120: macro `AM_PATH_VORBIS' not found in

Yeah, those three at not in acinclude.m4. But if you installed SDL and
Ogg Vorbis, at least the last two macros should be available on your
box.

Can you check for sdl.m4 and vorbis.m4? They should be in
/usr/share/aclocal. Maybe, if you compiled stuff yourself, those files
ended up in /usr/local/share/aclocal instead, where aclocal doesn't find
them.

Also consider to install gettext, then you'll get the missing gettext.m4
as well.

Anyway, seems we'll have to add that stuff to our acinclude file
(again). Maybe we can throw out something else instead, to keep it
small.

> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> configure.in:110:AC_CHECK_FT2(6.0.0,

That is odd. AC_CHECK_FT2 _is_ in acinclude.m4 and should be found. Make
sure you have automake 2.50 or newer, automake >= 1.4 and libtool >=
1.4.