addressbook-devel

[Addressbook-devel] importing contacts from bbdb

From: joakim
Subject: [Addressbook-devel] importing contacts from bbdb
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:23:35 +0200

get bbdb-vcard-export, from emacswiki for example.

  m-x bbdb-vcard-export RET   /tmp/addressbook RET

a bunch of vcard files will be exported, 689 in my case.

Then I did a little defun like this:

(defun addrbook-dired-import-vcards ()
  (interactive)
  (mapc (lambda (filename)
          (addrbook-import-vcard  filename))
        (dired-get-marked-files)))

Mark the vcards you want to import in dired, and do m-x
addrbook-dired-import-vcards.

This took several minutes on my 3yo machine.

m-x addressbook now shows the addressbook fine.

buglet/annoyance: c-p and c-n doesnt behave the same as p or n or arrow keys
in the summary mode.

--
Joakim Verona