ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.0.1 released.

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.0.1 released.
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:42:51 +0000

On 9 Dec 2018, at 16:55, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.0.1 is now available in GNU ELPA. This is a minor
> packaging bug release; the file ada_lr1_parse_table.txt, which is 41MB
> uncompressed, is now compressed (to 2.9MB), so it takes much less time
> to download in 'list-packages'. In addition, copyright on all the Ada
> code is now Free Software Foundation.
>
> If you are using this new ada-mode, please try the 'process' parser,
> which provides syntax error correction.

> When you've tried the process parser, let me know, in this forum.

Looking good so far!

I ran build.sh using FSF GCC 8.1.0, and copied the executables + the parse
table to a directory that's always on my PATH, as discussed.

For some of the executables, the .exe suffix is present, for some (gpr_query,
ada_mode_gps_indent) not.

The customisation Ada Gps Indent Exec is set to ada_mode_gps_indent.exe, which
isn't present on this macOS system (or on Linux systems).

The red exclamation points in the left margin for syntax errors is good. 2
points:

When inserting a comment, the marker appears after the leading '-' & doesn't go
away as the rest of the comment is typed (until DEL or RET).

The marker appears for S : String(1..Length);. C-c C-f points to the 'L'.
Marker disappears if a space is inserted after the '1'.

I tried this on a large file (used to be a long pause after each character
typed): HUGE improvement!

--S