ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] release candidate

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] release candidate
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:36:15 +0000

On 13 Feb 2017, at 17:37, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

In particular, I'd like people to test the GPS indentation engine, since
it requires compiling Ada code.

I needed to do this, because my 90kb .adb (over 200 subprograms) was taking forever to return from almost any edit.

As you might expect, I just had to do it my own way. It's possibly simpler for me than it may be for others, because my macOS FSF GCC 6.1.0 includes gnatcoll already. However, not GTK, and I suspect it'd be a long & tedious job to set it up ...

I cloned the GPS repo at https://github.com/AdaCore/gps. Because of not having GTK or libclang, I edited configure.in to remove references (patch below) and regenerated configure with autoconf.

I don't like to configure and build in-place, so configured in a subdirectory build/ (actually, perhaps it should be a parallel directory?) This needed two changes in ada_mode_gps_indent.gpr (adding the new subdirectory for config.ads, and removing one that doesn't exist any more; patch below): the program built with no problems, and appeared to work a treat! I had to reduce the Ada Gps Size Threshold, to 10000 - I'll reduce it to 0 and see how things go.