ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] Indentation of arrows in associations

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] Indentation of arrows in associations
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:34:09 +0200

Hello,

We just noticed a weird effect of ada-mode 5.2 when indenting
associations when the arrow is at the beginning of a line; look
at where the the first arrow is indented in this sample:

        Record_History (Flights (Count),
                        RTFM_Recreated_And_Flight_Status_Updated
=> Normal_Flight_RTFM_Recreated_And_Flight_Status_Updated and then Count = Count_Option.Normal,
                        EFD_Logged_In_Oplog => EFD_Logged_In_Oplog);

and even more obvious at another place:

            M_CDM.Process_CASA_Reply (Flights,
The_New_CASA_Result => (FTFX.Main_CASA_Result, FTFX.Detailed_CASA_Result),
                                      Old_Detailed_CASA_Result
=> Flights (Count_Option.Proposal).Fixed_Info.Detailed_CASA_Result, Measures_Related_CDM_Data => FTFX.Measures_Related_CDM_Data);

It looks like ada-wisi indents arrows relative to the comma two
lines above.   We would like the arrows to be indented 2
characters to the right of the parameter name, just like for a
continuation line (we've cistomized (ada-indent 2)).

Of course, we could place the arrow at the end of the line but
our coding standard requires "connectors" such as => and := to
be at the start of a line.

Is this a bug or a feature?

--
Ludovic Brenta.