acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] Man page patch for setfacl

From: Kenneth Dsouza
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] Man page patch for setfacl
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:50:12 +0530

Hello Mike,

This patch fails on the below condition as previously said by Michael.

Example:

When 1234 is as uid and username.

In my humble opinion, it is better to document this behaviour as most
of the modern distros have stopped the creation of numeric usernames.
Changing the code is complex and it would break other condition. As we
will need a new option for the above case.

Example: Fedora

Kenneth D'souza