accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:03:47 -0400

    > When you say "Linux", I would guess you mean the GNU/Linux system.
    > Linux alone is not sufficient to run applications -- it is just a
    > kernel, and you need more than that.  Is that right?

    Yes.

Would you please be so kind as to write "GNU/Linux" when you talk
about this system?

    Yes, but what I was trying to say is that if two programs exist with about
    the same functionallity and the one is released under theGNU-GPL and the
    other one under a license that permit distribution of binary-only copies,
    I would rather use the one released under the GPL.

I agree -- I like to promote GPL-covered software when feasible.
But the other free licenses are also basically ethical, so we
can use the programs released under them.