accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Announcing BrailleBlaster

From: John J. Boyer
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Announcing BrailleBlaster
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:25:03 -0500

In fact, there will be a command-line tool that can use all the
computing power of the underlying libraries, like xml2brl. A web
application has also been suggested, but there might be difficulty
making it accessible.

Programmers can be blind or sighted, as long as they are good Java
programmers.

Anyone who wishes to join the mailing list can do so by sending a
mesage to address@hidden and putting subscribe in
the subject line.

John

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 02:27:06PM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, John J. Boyer wrote:
>
> > There will be a version of BrailleBlaster for Linux which will work with
> > Orca. It uses the liblouis library, which Orca uses and also a new
> > library called liblouisutdml These libraries are written in C, but
> > BrailleBlaster itself will be written in Java. We need some experienced
> > Java programmers at this point.
>
> If you want experienced _blind_ programmers then you might have a
> greater chance to attract some if your application is also text mode
> console friendly.
>

> Nicolas

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com