ac-archive-maintainers

Re: sf.net: how to contribute (again)

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: sf.net: how to contribute (again)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:04:46 +0100

Peter Simons wrote:
> I've noticed the new contribution instructions (in CVS) on
> sf.net. Thanks for changing that, Guido!
>
> One more thing:
>
>  | If you want to contribute ...
>  | then please don't hesitate a second! Just send the m4
>  | source to <address@hidden> mailinglist which
>  | is used now by all ac-archive parts. You can still send it
>  | to me directly, Guido Draheim <address@hidden> which is good
>  | if you want to have your macros on a personal subdirectory
>  | on the sfnet branch that is free even for experimental
>  | stuff. Note however the section about the contribution
>  | format below.
>
> IMHO, it would be wise to have ALL contributions sent to
> this mailing list, and the reason is pretty simple:
>
>   If a submission is sent to this list, we both see it.
>
>   If it is sent to you directly, I do not see it.
>
> Therefore, I think that the wording of the instructions is
> still not optimal. Why is "sending the macro directly to
> Guido Draheim" even mentioned? You _do_ get it when it is
> posted here.

Some people seem to prefer to discuss a few subtleties of
experimental macros directly with me - emails being sent
to the mailing list do end up in a different email folder
of mine. I did hope the wording was pointing to that to
a good part and also I wanted to wait in making the
wording  stronger until all macros have pushed to the
savannah cvs - there are still some open details about
that at the moment, ye know ;-)

-- guido                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++