ac-archive-maintainers

Re: versioning macros

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: versioning macros
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:37:48 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 04:22:57PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Bastiaan Veelo writes:
>  > I don't need the complete license text embedded in the
>  > macro, but a short notice of who owns the copyright and
>  > where to find the license text is a minimum.
>
> There is one: every macro contains the URL of its
> corresponding web page and this page has _all_ this
> information readily available. What is the benefit of
> repeating that information explicitly in a file that's meant
> to be machine-processed?

I agree that the copyright holder and licence should be there;
that should be 2-3 lines.  More details can be ``one click away.''

One click away is too fragile for me.  If someone saves an individual
macro from the browser, he should automatically save the most important
info: copyright holder, and a short licence info.

Just my EUR .01,
        Stepan