a2ps

using a2ps from an application

From: Sohaila Roberts
Subject: using a2ps from an application
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:22:26 -0230 (NDT)

hi
when i run a2ps from the command line (in unix) with netscape open i get
the following output

[Thu Aug 22 12:09:09 NDT 2002.html (html, delegated to Netscape): 1 page
on 1 sheet]
request id is address@hidden
[Total: 2 pages on 1 sheet] sent to the printer `lp1'

and all prints out fine, but when i dont have netscape open i get the
following and nothing prints

netscape-communicator: not running on display :0.0
[Thu Aug 22 12:09:09 NDT 2002.html (html, delegated to Netscape): failed.
Ignored]
[No output produced]

I dont want it to use netscape, mainly because i want to run a2ps from
inside a java servlet (which isnt working for me right now because of
the 2nd output i get above) ... any suggestions how i can do this?

thanks
sohaila